Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overnight guest in trinity

Options
  • 19-08-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i will be going to tcd this year and i wondering if the warden would allow my boyfriend to stay over in the trinity halls for more than the 2 nights allowed? can anyone help me out? thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

i will be going to tcd this year and i wondering if the warden would allow my boyfriend to stay over in the trinity halls for more than the 2 nights allowed? can anyone help me out? thanks :)

I lived there a few years back, my policy was "don't ask, don't tell". Everyone in that building had guests over at some point. I'm not sure if there is a rule or not, but it didn't seem to be enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Siobhan6

I never signed a guest in once the entire time I was in halls and never got in trouble. They go on at the beginning of the year about a security guard at the gate so you must have a stamp if you are a guest staying over blah blah...it;s all bulls**t. I had four people staying at one stage and we went out that night, not a word was said, and I had my boyfriend staying for a week a few times...nothing. If you don't tell them someone's staying, they're not going to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

we know your name and are going to rat you out to security
    BwhaAHahAAhaa!!!

I'm still living at home and have stayed in Halls loads of times without ever signing in.

However, if you're going to have your boyfriend over all the time, you might want to consider any room mates you might have and how it could be extremely annoying if you do it too often. They might say it's grand but trust me, it's an all too common issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

My boyfriend stayed over for pretty long periods of time, and they're pretty chilled about it. We used to get him signed in occasionally if it was going to be a high-traffic night (nights like Halloween or if there's a big JCR night on) because if there's a likelihood of trouble, the security lads hang out at the gate around coming-home-from-clubs time just to make sure no-one has invited back a bar full of people. They're really relaxed though, they knew the boyfriend by around Christmas and a couple of them used to refuse him stamps because they knew his face and there was no need. :P However, once or twice when we brought home more than one or two people, they weren't overly pleased, probably because we were a small bit noisy... You just have to play close enough to the rules and they're grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irish_wolf

As long as he doesnt wreck the place or be a dick to the security guard you should be grand.

To be honest most of the guards are sound as long as you arent making a fuss. I remember one night I was plastered drunk, I had started the night with two bottles of wine and it had only gone downhill..., I actually had a guest pass but lost it for obvious reasons. I have vague memories of trying to explain this to the security guard through some intercom thing but not sure exactly how that went and waking up outside my friends apartment when they came home a few hours later. So they must have taken pity on me in my drunken state and let me in. Good stuff.

so yeah long story short, as long as you're generally well behaved and not havin parties you should be grand.

Word of advice though. If you're walking in and get caught and the guard says you cant come in. Dont beg and plead or cry or let your boyfriend argue. Just accept it and go somewhere else or get him a cab home. Screaming and pleading will get you nowhere and the guard is likely to remember you the next time and be stricter. Be nice to the guards and they'll be nice to you. common sense etc.

Advertisement