Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun is banjaxed!

Options
  • 19-08-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Hello chaps! Recently I bought this wonderful AK47:

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=894

I used it a while back during a charity game and it worked grand. Today, I was down in Rathbeggan Lakes playing a skirmish and for the first two thirds of the day the gun performed brilliantly and without a single hitch.

However, as the day went on, I noticed it was becoming more unresponsive. Like for example, I would hear two sounds but only one pellet would come out. Then, as time went on, I would hear five and only one BB would come out...until the gun stopped firing altogether. I used a cleaning rod to clean the barrel, but it didn't work. I noticed that the BBs were being backed up in the firing mechanism. When I took my mag out, a pellet was blocking the firing mechanism and whenever I tried to fire, two BBs would come out the end sometimes.

So my AK47 is constantly jamming itself, and there is no discernible cause nor solution to why my rifle won't fire any more.

It wasn't a problem with the mags- I checked. the springs in my new mags are working grand. So what could it be?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

does the gearbox sound fine or anything?? or will it not fire at all?
    if its shooting 2 bbs every now and then it and your bbs are getting backed up it sounds like something to do with your hop up chamber/rubber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

The gun makes the noise that its firing, but 90% of the time no BBs come out. And when they do, two or three just plop out.

sounds like your hop up chamber.
    if you adjust the hop up on and off does it make a difference??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Did you change the BBs you were using?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'd guess the air nozzle has broken off the tappet plate. If the gun is new it should be covered by warranty.

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Did you change the BBs you were using?

At the start of the day I was using my friend's BBs which were .25 then I switched to .20. Soon after I started noticing these problems.
    if you adjust the hop up on and off does it make a difference??

It doesn't, unfortunately.

what brand BB's were you using? and what brand BB's did your friend give you?
    they need to be really high quality BB's to function right in an airsoft gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    At the start of the day I was using my friend's BBs which were .25 then I switched to .20. Soon after I started noticing these problems..

I think he meant what brand of BB's were you using when the gun worked well and did you switch to another brand of BB before it started acting up. I use King Arms BB's and have had no problems with my G&G M4, apart from when I put some of my nephew's "Blaster" Bb's in one mag and it started to miss the odd shot or a bb would roll out of the barrel. I switched back to My King Arms BB's and it worked fine. I'm still new to this myself and I might be barking up the wrong tree here but..........

$kilkenny wrote: »
    what brand BB's were you using? and what brand BB's did your friend give you?
    they need to be really high quality BB's to function right in an airsoft gun

They were the same brand as I always use- not sure of the name but I believe they are high quality BBs because Rathbeggan was selling them. I usually just buy my BBs on the day.
    I think he meant what brand of BB's were you using when the gun worked well and did you switch to another brand of BB before it started acting up.

Well I was using the .25 first then I switched to .20. Before I used my gun yesterday I always used .20 so .20 shouldn't have caused the problems.

I don't think the problems started when I reverted to the .20; the gun just kind of slowly degenerated over the course of the day. One minute, I was playing a round, then the next round I was hanging back a lot due to having an unreliable gun, then I sat out the next because it wasn't working at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

The chances are if there was a bb stuck in the chamber and you continued to fire the piston will have been damaged.

The air has nowhere to go and the piston doesnt reset itself properly, the sector then carries on its rotation and doesn't make contact with the piston teeth correctly and damages the teeth.

I'm not sure what is covered under warranty, best to give the retailer a ring to find out.

• Advertisement

They were the same brand as I always use- not sure of the name but I believe they are high quality BBs because Rathbeggan was selling them. I usually just buy my BBs on the day.

Well I was using the .25 first then I switched to .20. Before I used my gun yesterday I always used .20 so .20 shouldn't have caused the problems.

I don't think the problems started when I reverted to the .20; the gun just kind of slowly degenerated over the course of the day. One minute, I was playing a round, then the next round I was hanging back a lot due to having an unreliable gun, then I sat out the next because it wasn't working at all.

but the BB's would make a difference if you changed from your own .20 high quality to .25 lower quality BB's, the weight wouldnt make a difference really.

I'm not sure what is covered under warranty, best to give the retailer a ring to find out.

I'll probably go to MIA soon to see whats wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I'm pretty sure that Rathbeggan use Raptor BB's; does that name sound familiar to you?

Try some high quality BB's - you might get lucky and have nothing else wrong with the gun. There are lots of good brand names out there, such as:
    Excels, KSC, Madbull Premium, TM, King Arms, Bioval, and more.

Unfortunately, as the lads have pointed out, it could end up costing a bit to fix for parts etc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'll probably go to MIA soon to see whats wrong with it.

Don't go in guessing what's wrong with it, just ask them to fix it under warranty. Odds are the tappet broke in it, that just happens some times from use. It has happened to me and I use high quality bb's only, but don't even bother mentioning it, just get them to fix it for you. A new gun shouldn't break that soon, and you have consumer rights, no matter what country the gun was made in.

I'm pretty sure that Rathbeggan use Raptor BB's; does that name sound familiar to you?

The first BBs I used were Blaster and the second were called Gold Fire I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I personally have used Blaster.2s in every AEG I have owned.
    There quality control on the .2s seems to be spot on. I have never had one jam in everything from a 6.08 to a 6.0 tbb.
    I do prefer Excells but can't fault Blaster .2s:)

Gold Fire on the other hand I have always found to be problematic.
    I have only ever tried the .2 Gold Fires so I couldn't comment on any of there other weights.

Advertisement