Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC availability - upgrade plans? (Killiney Hill zone)

Options
  • 19-08-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have contacted UPC via phone asking when they might expect the Killiney Hill/Station Road area of killiney will be added to the UPC broadband network.

I was told by the person on the line that they don't know, nobody knows and there's no way of finding out about any of the upgrade plans.

I find it hard to believe that nobody at UPC knows anything, so in the off chance that there's someone around here a little more up-to-date than the person I was talking to, I thought I'd ask.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I'm stuck with a piss poor Eircom service. I can't wait to move; as soon as UPC offer their services here I'll be signing up for a 100mb package.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

vard wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have contacted UPC via phone asking when they might expect the Killiney Hill/Station Road area of killiney will be added to the UPC broadband network.

I was told by the person on the line that they don't know, nobody knows and there's no way of finding out about any of the upgrade plans.

I find it hard to believe that nobody at UPC knows anything, so in the off chance that there's someone around here a little more up-to-date than the person I was talking to, I thought I'd ask.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I'm stuck with a piss poor Eircom service. I can't wait to move; as soon as UPC offer their services here I'll be signing up for a 100mb package.

Hi

I too spoke with UPC about changing to their 100MB package and I was told my area was not yet covered but that the next phase of their network upgrade project would be September (next month) and that a lot of areas will be upgraded then. Those areas still not done however should be completed by year end. They also stated that I would be notified when it is done.

Just a point to note the link to the network upgrade programme is not working on the UPC website just in case you're trying to access it.

Advertisement