Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So apparently i don't even know my own address...

Options
  • 19-08-2012 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I just bought something (rather expensive) online and managed to screw up my own address. My. Own. Address.

I skipped over the street & town name such that the address on the parcel reads:
    Name
    House Name
    Cork
    Ireland

I do have a glimmer of hope, in that the package was sent by registered mail and I do have a tracking number.

So two questions. If you will.

1. Will the package be held in the GPO in Cork City?
    2. What should I do (asside from getting my life together and not forgetting the address of the house I've lived in for the past decade)?

Yours sincerely,
    Jacob Murphy (Esquire)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

can you email the person who was selling it and ask them to change the address if they haven't already sent it? or can you call the postal service with all the information and tell them what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jacobmurphy

Unfortunately the package has already been sent :(

I've e-mailed anpost but don't expect a reply 'till tomorrow at earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Or your title. :D Esquire is a courtesy title and is not appended to one's name by oneself but rather by others.

PS Hope your package arrives safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You'll definitely get it, does'nt everybody in Cork know each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Unfortunately the package has already been sent :(

I've e-mailed anpost but don't expect a reply 'till tomorrow at earliest.
    I would ring them too, you can tell them what the return address is which might also help. If Jacob Murphy really is your name then you are probably in luck as I imagine its an uncommon name, while I know several "John Murphys". If your house name is also unusual it will help too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

shouldn't be a major problem. It will probably be sent to the cork city sorting office, (you can check online with the tracking)

Send email to An post Customer service with tracking number in message subject, give them the info and they will pass it on and it will get re-directed.

Advertisement