Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a mac? for logic music production

Options
  • 19-08-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I currently have a 2.2Ghz Intel core 2 duo macbook with 4GB of ram that i produce music using Logic. Problem is that the CPU is overloading a lot lately and its doing my nut in!

So im looking at upgrading but not sure on what to get. Im looking at either an iMac 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 or an iMac 3.1GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5.

Anyone have any experience with these models using heavy cpu programs like Logic? Would I be better off getting a Mac Pro, and are Mac Pro's upgradeable? Thing is i dont want to buy it and then a year down the line have to upgrade again,

Any info greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Hi guys,

I currently have a 2.2Ghz Intel core 2 duo macbook with 4GB of ram that i produce music using Logic. Problem is that the CPU is overloading a lot lately and its doing my nut in!

So im looking at upgrading but not sure on what to get. Im looking at either an iMac 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 or an iMac 3.1GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5.

Anyone have any experience with these models using heavy cpu programs like Logic? Would I be better off getting a Mac Pro, and are Mac Pro's upgradeable? Thing is i dont want to buy it and then a year down the line have to upgrade again,

Any info greatly appreciated :)

So Im using the 2011 macbook pro with dual core i7s 2.7G and 4gb ram. It runs Ableton Live at 5-10% cpu usage :) Not upgradeable tho (except the ram and hard disk ozzly).

Advertisement