Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS/JSA Confusion

Options
  • 19-08-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I got a phone call Wednesday (15th) offering me a wider horizons course which takes place in newry for the next 12 weeks. I wasn't given too much notice because some fella pulled out of the course and I was next in line so I accepted the course and I was told that I had to start the course the next day (16th). I was told to go down the dole and sign of JSA which I done that afternoon the woman in the dole told me that was me paid up and I was owed nothing. She then cancelled the dole card as the name on the card was my mothers maiden name and I was told a new card would be sent out in the post. When I went down to Newry and started the course I gave the woman from FAS my bank account details for payment she told me it would take 2 weeks for me to get paid from FAS but i'll be able to collect my dole money like normal tomorrow:confused:

Thing is I have no dole card and the dole office closes at 4:30 and I don't be home from Newry til after 5:30.

What should I do? Am I entitled to money tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

What do you mean by "dole card"?

You should be using your PPS card...

And yeah when I did a course, I was paid a back week so your money should be paid up till when you officially signed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

What do you mean by "dole card"?

You should be using your PPS card...

And yeah when I did a course, I was paid a back week so your money should be paid up till when you officially signed off.

Sorry my pps card is cancelled and I'm awaiting a new one.

So I'll have money to collect in the post office tomorrow? How will I collect it without a pps card ?

Why would your card be cancelled?

In either case: you should be able to get a temp card, a yellow paper one from the welfare and you'd use that.

But yes, as far as I know you'd get it.

When did you sign off and when was your last payment you got?

Why would your card be cancelled?

In either case: you should be able to get a temp card, a yellow paper one from the welfare and you'd use that.

But yes, as far as I know you'd get it.

When did you sign off and when was your last payment you got?
    Signed off last Wednesday and collected my last payment last Monday. Im supposed to collect payment on a Tuesday but I always collect on a Monday

Er... I'm not too sure. Basically you get a backweek (so if you collect today, you get get money for the last five days).

You should technically have money tomorrow but that's it, nothing else next week.

• Advertisement

Er... I'm not too sure. Basically you get a backweek (so if you collect today, you get get money for the last five days).

You should technically have money tomorrow but that's it, nothing else next week.

Ok if I get money tomorrow I'll be getting paid from fas the next Friday like Friday 2 weeks just gone.

James__10 wrote: »
    Ok if I get money tomorrow I'll be getting paid from fas the next Friday like Friday 2 weeks just gone.

Been a while since I did it but basically: they also do a backweek. So the first day you start (tomorrow) is when you'll be calculated. Except it'll be the friday after next week, so the 31st it should be.

Went down to collect my money in the post office and nothing was there. Hopefully I get paid by fas this week

Advertisement