Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Graduate, in the dark about JB

Options
  • 19-08-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Many thanks for any help/advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/reference/checklists/checklist_when_applying_for_jobseeker_s_allowance_checklist.html

Proof of seeking work includes letters saying no,printed copies of sent emails ect

Waiting times vary depending on the office work load.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

n

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

quirkster wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, have plenty of them!

Could I be waiting for a month/3 months/ until 2013?
    I've no idea of the time scale involved to be honest

Dont know, have a look in the waiting time survey thread.

Is there an office I can into tomorrow morning to find out everything I need and to have the process explained to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Is there an office I can into tomorrow morning to find out everything I need and to have the process explained to me?

You need to go into the office for your area in Dublin. While you are waiting for jsa to be processed you can apply for supplementary welfare allowance through the community welfare officer. The sw office should be able to tell you where the cwo for your area holds clinics...the days and the times.

• Advertisement

n

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I am renting in Dublin city centre with a friend. My family is from the other side of the country. Is it possible that I will be means tested and will the amount of rent I (my parents supplement it) pay be taken into account as a negative factor potentially?

If you are <25 years of age then if your parents are supporting you re rent then that will be taken into account in means testing for jsa. If on the other hand you have an entitlement to jsb then you will not be means tested.

n

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

You need to have worked and paid PRSI to get JSB. If you weren't working part time while at college, then it's JSA you will have to apply for. And that's means assessed. It's all available on the Dept. social protection website. They cover everything there. Here's the link:

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/JobseekersAllowance/Pages/ja.aspx

Advertisement