Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G M4 - how do you clean the barrel?

Options
  • 19-08-2012 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

During yesterday's skirmish at Redhills, I tripped and went down hard and the muzzle of my M4 dug into the dirt and was blocked by mud. I went to the safe zone to clear it out and I think I got it all. As the barrel itself looked clear,I went outside and fired off one round and it was fine. However the guys who advised that I clean the barrel couldnt get the pin out so they could get at the barrel. The pin only came out about 3/4's of the way but not enough to get at the innards. They and I for that matter were dubious about forcing it in case something broke.

Does anyone know how to get this pin out? I've looked on YouTube and it supposedly just pushes out but mine won't budge:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Not all pins come all the way out, some by default are retained by a small spring loaded retainer which stop them from getting lost
    if your pin is like this then when pushed out you can see a slot along the side of the pin

The pin only needs to move some 20mm or so and that is enough space for the upper reciever to slide forward and off so that you can remove the inner barrel hop-up unit combo
    Be sure and turn the dial on the hop-up unit all the way off before you start cleaning

PS just checked my own G&G Raider and the pins only comes out part way when spliting upper and lower reciever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Thanks a lot. Can you tell me which way I turn the hop up as suggested? The instructions that came with my M4 were in Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Thanks a lot. Can you tell me which way I turn the hop up as suggested? The instructions that came with my M4 were in Chinese.

Turn the dial Clockwise to increase Hop & Anticlockwise to decrease (turn off)
    If you look down the barrel (when removed) while turning the dial you can see the effect of the hop-up

What does the hop up do? What is the effect of increasing or decreasing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

What does the hop up do? What is the effect of increasing or decreasing it?

It apply's backspin to the bb for more stable straighter flight.

Too much hop up (turned clockwise) will send the bb skyward, too little hop up (turned anti clockwise) will make the bb drop. When you set the hop up correctly the bb should travel straight as possible like I said you know you have too much when they fly up and too little if there is no hop applied so it's finding that sweet spot in between.

All this increases your range and accuracy.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Appreciate you explaining all these terms that get bandied about.

Advertisement