Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many "stamps" do you need to claim social welfare

Options
  • 19-08-2012 11:04am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been a salaried employee for 8 years. I will soon be taking a 6 month contracting postion and then (touch wood) be a salaried employee again.

If the worst happens would I qualify for social welfare if I have been paying my own prsi for 6 months?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Your stamp record from two years ago is what they go on,ie:- claim in 2012 and your stamps from 2010 count.

If the worst happens(in 2013) your stamps from 2011 will qualify you for JSB.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Good stuff. Finally getting back into my preferred career after a 2.5 year break from it

Advertisement