Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Explorer 90 Problem

Options
  • 18-08-2012 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have a 01 same explorer 90 mk II TOP, one problem that occurred recently was the headlights cut out and stopped working completely, all fuses in the fuse holder are 100% and the bulbs are working perfect but there is no power going to the bulbs, has anyone advice of where to look next or how to find the fault along the line?

Another problem is when the steering wheel is turned there is a sharp grinding sort of sound, some people have said its something to do with the valves but i could do with advice on how to go about fixing it or if it would be hard done!

if anyone has any advice on either of these problems it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I have a 01 same explorer 90 mk II TOP, one problem that occurred recently was the headlights cut out and stopped working completely, all fuses in the fuse holder are 100% and the bulbs are working perfect but there is no power going to the bulbs, has anyone advice of where to look next or how to find the fault along the line?

Another problem is when the steering wheel is turned there is a sharp grinding sort of sound, some people have said its something to do with the valves but i could do with advice on how to go about fixing it or if it would be hard done!

if anyone has any advice on either of these problems it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Check the earth for the electrical problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

reilig wrote: »

Check the earth for the electrical problem.

And the steering noise is either the pump or The orbital steering valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Is there a relay for the lights?

The grinding (mite) be the hydraulic suction filter, would be worth replacing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement