Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer abroad- wildlife

Options
  • 18-08-2012 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I want to volunteer abroad summer 2013 but the projects have a high cost of around 3000 , as im a student i cant afford this as flights,visas and insurance is not included in most. i would be willing to pay around 1500 or less even - i dont mind how hard or long the work is i just would likw to make a differnce to lives of animals and see the world and wildlife in natural surroundings

so if anyone knows low cost places please tell me or pm me

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnson100

I had the same issue as i am a college student. I went with Globe Aware www.globeaware.org last summer to Laos for around $1100 and did all sorts of great projects, though teh airfare was still expensive. My parents were able to take a tax write off for the cost of teh airfare, thouhg, and i did a fundraising campaign with Globe Aware's help that covered half of the $1100. As i recall, most fo tehir programs are about that price range. I have also volunteered for Habitat with Humanity and American Hiking SOciety for even less. There are some gfood options out there. Also TRavelocity Travel for good program has a numerb of scholarships they give out for volunteering abroad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I'm hoping to do this next summer too. I picked up the USIT brochure today and the prices seemed good but the info on what you'd actually be doing is very minimal. I'm going to check out those sites you mentioned.

Advertisement