Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swans - The Seer

Options
  • 18-08-2012 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

Their new double album is officially released on August 28th. I must say the album art is fucking amazing. Here's a little taster of what to expect:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 amokrecordings

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Their new double album is officially released on August 28th. I must say the album art is fucking amazing. Here's a little taster of what to expect:

The art and the music are ****ing amazing!!!!

I just got tickets to see them in Toronto in October and it's going to blow my mind!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Got to listen to this on Soundcloud tonight.
    http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=swans+seer

Hard going. However, I must say that the track sound-stamps (?if that's the right term) for track 3 'the wolf' and track 5 ' the seer returns' are pretty impressive to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

Did not really have the time to really listen to the songs, but it sounded pretty impressive on the first run.

Saw them live in Vienna last year, one of the best concerts I've been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Never really listened to Swans before,but now totally hooked.Nice one Zero
    You gotta love them upbeat feelgood choons!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Never really listened to Swans before,but now totally hooked.Nice one Zero
    You gotta love them upbeat feelgood choons!!
    Yeah you can't beat the upbeat feelgood choons ;)

It's probably not the best Swans album to start off with though. Children Of God (1987) is probably the best starting point, if you want more experimental stuff you can move on to their later albums, if you want heavier and more intense stuff you can move on to their earlier albums. But The Seer is definitely one of the best albums of the year for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I don't know how well-known this is, but Swans are playing The Button Factory (Dublin) and Cyprus Avenue (Cork) in August.

Tickets 25.50 and 28 respectively, got mine for The Button Factory.

http://tickets.ie/events.aspx/search?s=swans

Absolutely looking forward to seeing them in Cork, I saw them two years ago in Vienna and have to say that it was one of the best concerts i've been to, very intense the kind of show where you can't even be bothered to get a beer from the bar because the music is just too good to do anything else

That was a brilliant concert yesterday, there are not many bands that have such an intense tage prsence.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

New album out now. Streaming on spotify. I've only had a chance to give the first 2 tracks a listen, but looking forward to checking it out.

swans-to-be-kind.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Indeed, the new Swans album is awesome! Interesting documentary on Pitchfork video called The Seer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Have the new one on in the background as I type this. Even though I've been listening to it for the past week I'm still not sure what to make of it because of the sheer size of it. First impressions are it doesn't seem as dark an album as The Seer. Though having said that, by any standards it's a pretty dark listen there's just a few more moments of light and the odd redemptive lyric.
    It does seem to reveal a bit more each time so maybe in a month I'll look back and think I was miles off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Earthmoving

I'm liking the increased drone elements in the new album. There also seems to be more of an (albeit twisted) blues influence than before, or maybe I'm imagining it.

Advertisement