Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the flaws of the irish culture

Options
  • 18-08-2012 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hello all. First I would like start off by saying that this post is not meant to offend anyone and if it does I apologise and ask you to try and look at it intellectually rather then personally .

A recurring problem which I feel is dominating the cultural psyche of our country is what I describe as " ah sure we all know" this problem manifests itself in all walks of life and tends to disagree with rules laws and social courtesy in favour of what the society at large feels. I shal pose an example. You are driving to work in Dublin city centre as you arrive on Dorset street you encounter a blockage as a farmer whos load of hay has spilled on the road. ( please do jot point out the flaws in this example as it is meant to be an extreme case to illustrate ny point ) the road gets held up and you are late for work. You may complain and moan that he should not of been there etc. But would it ever cross your mind that it was most likely that it was illegal for him to be there? An agricultural vehicle is only permitted on.the road within 7 miles

of where it is regiatered. This idea would never cross your mind because we all know that a farmer has to work... Btw I have personal experience of a gard ignoring the law in favour of this so it does happen.. now If anyone wishes I can sight more examples which may elaborate my point a little more. I would ask if this attitude has been seen by anyone else ... Btw I apologise for bad spelling and grammar as I am typing on q phone and I'd also like to apologise if this is indeed q bad example I will provide more if people are interested please try approach this with an open mind

Add

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

what ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Addin

A better example may be a taxi stops infront of you in traffic to pick up a fare. We all know taxis need to make a living so the culture becomes to tolerate this behaviour because we all know

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

I hardly think problems/annoyinces that someone might encounter on any given day that one has no control over warrants this kind of thread or to a larger extent...such deep thinking from you. Maybe in your ideal world, traffic never backs up and taxi's never stop on the road in front of others.
    But guess what...ah sure we all know they do, so get over it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Addin

I thank you for your input as it has confirmed my ideas about this site. You totally misunder stood my point and resorted to insults to make yourself feel better about it. Simply the fact that you stated that I shouldn't of thought about it so much shows your blatant ignorance and unwillingness to accept anything beyond what your mates in the pub believe. I am now going to leave this sight for good as I have encountered this problem way to much goodbye good luck and enjoy the squaller that is your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

Byeee :D

• Advertisement

And that's that, I guess. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement