Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Band of Horses - Mirage Rock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

Sounds a bit more poppy for them alright. Lookin forward to this album tho, they'll hardly disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yeah can't wait to gets my hands on this record. Love everything they have done so far and an absolutely savage live act they should lift the roof off the Olympia in a few weeks...m

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

Yes! Lookin forward to that, haven't been in the Olympia before myself but I've heard good things about it as a venue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Just heard them on BBC Radio 2 (Dermot O'Leary slot) they played new song "Slow Cruel Hands of Time" and it was beautiful.
    They did a cover of The Darkness' new song too.
    Such an incredible band.

6 more days until the album is out here. All the reviews so far have been very positive and I've loved what I hear so far. Olympia show will kick ass, potentially gig of the year and there have been some great ones.

• Advertisement

gave it a good few spins since I picked it up yesterday morning. It hadnt grabbed me much after the first couple of listens but man I soo love this record now. It's way more laid back than their previous albums, The Single 'Knock Knock' isnt really representitive at all of the album and almost seems out of place in the general scheme all be it is a good solid kickstarter and will I am sure rock like a bitch live. It's more kind of countryish, traces of Gram and the Eagles in the vibe the music is still Band Of Horses no mistake just with more acoustic feelingt in there. Not much filler at all, ohh and pay the extra couple of bucks and get the Deluxe version, the 5 extra tracks themselves could easily have made the final cut in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Looking forward to this, they went completely off my radar for awhile, shame on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

This album is bad, a huge disappointment. Everything All The Time and Cease To Begin were both fantastic albums, and Infinite Arms had it's moments of greatness too, but this sounds like a band that has lost it. Infinite Arms showed some signs of a band straying a little too close to bland, middle-of-the-road country rock but here they've gotten even closer to that, some of the songs on this album are just plain terrible.

I'm just going to listen to 'The Funeral' on repeat for a while to remind myself what a great band these guys once were.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I'm just going to listen to 'The Funeral' on repeat for a while to remind myself what a great band these guys once were.

Damn. I was just about to buy it...

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Everything all the time was majestic, Great Salt Lake, St Augustine, The Funeral et al.. cracking tunes. Everything since has been poor IMO.. Pity. I still love the debut album though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Everything all the time was majestic, Great Salt Lake, St Augustine, The Funeral et al.. cracking tunes. Everything since has been poor IMO.. Pity. I still love the debut album though.
    I thought Cease To Begin was a great album, it was nearly as good as Everything All The Time. 'Is There a Ghost' and 'No One's Gonna Love You' are fantastic songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

I think I feel so attached to Everything all the time because it came to me at a weird moment in my life and it's kinda stuck with me since as one of those albums that brings me back to an exact time and place. That's probably why everything that has come since has disappointed me. I'll definitely give Cease to begin another spin but this one is just plain bad.

Advertisement