Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going away and won't be around to sign?

Options
  • 18-08-2012 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I'm on JSA, and I am going away to stay with my sister Monday-Wednesday or Thursday. I just noticed I've to sign this Tuesday. Should I ring them up? Would I be able to sign early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Go down and explain.
    I'm not sure what will happen. Normally you'll be told to fill out a holiday form (you get to take 14 days "off") but it's usually a good thing to tell them much earlier than so late.

You might technically get classed as not being able to work for those three days so you won't get money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,529 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

You might technically get classed as not being able to work for those three days so you won't get money for it.

But I am sure the OP is going to his sisters so he can see if the job market is any better in her area, so it is still entitled....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

But I am sure the OP is going to his sisters so he can see if the job market is any better in her area, so it is still entitled....

That's what I was thinking also. But they might see it as "well if you can't sign on, you're not available".
    Hopefully he can just explain he'll be out of town or something but still have internet access/check out jobs around his sister's area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement