Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some thoughts on Not Drinking. [not a recovery thread- I hope]

Options
  • 17-08-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Background: Ultimate sobriety started for me on Sat 07 May 2011. I had messed about with all sorts of substances from my late teens and over the years had managed to cut them out till alcohol only remained. Long term counselling was involved.

How it is for me now:
    I find it easy, no trouble in fact, to be around drink and drinkers.
    I can't stand to be around smoking and smokers. Go figure, I put this down, in my opinion, to nicotine being such an addictive drug.
    I am amazed at how much I like having a clear head all the time, I find myself frequently pausing whatever am doing and thinking to myself "I feel ******* great!"
    I am more physically active and fitter.
    I read more.
    I am a more useful parent and like to think that I am a better role model too.
    My working persona is better organised, more focused and I actually enjoy work more than I have done.
    suzi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Well done SuziQ, Imo anyone that has had drinking/addiction problems and stops,There lives with some hard effort will change in every way for the better.Finicialy.Phycically,mentaliy and if I may say spiritually,The last one does not have to be in a actually Gods way, more in a more awareness way.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I found it easy too, and life is great now after more than three years.

I drink non-alcoholic Erdinger in the pubs so I don't feel like I'm missing anything and by the end of the night I'm delighted I can drive home and won't be hungover in the morning :D

Advertisement