Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole

Options
  • 17-08-2012 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I've just finished school and plan on taking a year out. I hope to find a job in the mean time but I was wondering about the 3 month rule about the dole if I end of having to take that option. Is the three months sep, oct, nov? or am I already two months out of school? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

3 months from the date of your last exam. You need to get a letter from school stating when you took your last exam. If your parents are working then any earnings they have will be assessed as means against you. You also have to show that your are actively seeking a full time job.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sonas93

Ok thanks, I've always thought it was a 6 month rule about leaving school did it change?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

sonas93 wrote: »
    Ok thanks, I've always thought it was a 6 month rule about leaving school did it change?

Nope been 3 months for as long as I can remember since atl east 2007.

Advertisement