Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual Tuning Saorview

Options
  • 17-08-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I recently got a Soarview Approved TV...
    I Auto-Tuned the Digital Signal and got DTV Channels like RTE News Now & RTE Junior along with RTE Radio Stations & the usual Analog Stations

I would like to know can I get any other DTV Channels like ITV 2 & Channel 5 for free and if so, how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Hi,
    I recently got a Soarview Approved TV...
    I Auto-Tuned the Digital Signal and got DTV Channels like RTE News Now & RTE Junior along with RTE Radio Stations & the usual Analog Stations

I would like to know can I get any other DTV Channels like ITV 2 & Channel 5 for free and if so, how?

If you live close to the border or in the south-east of the country and are within coverage of a UK transmitter and have an aerial pointing at that transmitter you may be able to pickup the UK channels.

If not you'll require a satellite dish and a Freesat or free-to-air satellite receiver to receive the UK channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭zg3409

To help we need the following info

Before the new TV what channels did you have (how many and their names)

Are you paying a monthly bill to Sky or UPC or similar?

Do you have a TV aerial on your roof?

Do have a dish?

How many TV's do you have in the house and are they all getting the exact same channels? Does every TV have a box? Is every TV Saorview approved.

Finally where do you live and did/do you currently get some UK channels through your aerial?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cian Weldon

zg3409 wrote: »
    To help we need the following info

Before the new TV what channels did you have (how many and their names)

Are you paying a monthly bill to Sky or UPC or similar?

Do you have a TV aerial on your roof?

Do have a dish?

How many TV's do you have in the house and are they all getting the exact same channels? Does every TV have a box? Is every TV Saorview approved.

Finally where do you live and did/do you currently get some UK channels through your aerial?

I had the usual Irish Channels; RTE ONE & TWO, TV3, TG4, BBC ONE & TWO...
    I have Sky but I'm looking for channels on the normal Digital TV.
    I have a TV Aerial & a Sky Dish on the Roof.
    I have have Four TV's, they all have the above Channels. None have a box (??) and only one TV is Saorview Approved..
    I live in the East Coast (Meath) and currently get no UK Channels other than the Standard BBC ONE & TWO...

I believe what I'm looking for is something got to do with Manual Tuning and Frequency Codes.... My TV is a LG, if that matters :L:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I believe what I'm looking for is something got to do with Manual Tuning and Frequency Codes.... My TV is a LG, if that matters :L:confused:

When you tuned in the new Saorview approved TV did it store any UK digital channels in the 800s?

Can you identify the frequencies/UHF channels numbers for analogue BBC1/2, to help identify which NI transmitter you get your signal from?

The NI digital transmitters increase power in two stages on Oct 10th and 24th so if you don't receive them now you may be able to get them from those dates.

http://www.ukfree.tv/maps.php?c=6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭zg3409

Do you watch all UK channels via a dish and so you currently pay for Sky multiroom?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Terrestrial. You'll need to live near the border or in parts of the south east to get anything other than Saorview via an aerial, though.

Advertisement