Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grimbergen?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys and Girls! I was living in Belgium for the past few months and in that time was living on Grimbergen and since I got back to Dublin I haven't been able to find any :'( I was wondering if anyone might know where I could get my hands on some?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd imagine Drink Store, Deveney's, Redmonds and a few more would have some of them - they're often around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Thank you! I'll drop into them Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seomra8

Any luck in those off licences?? I'm also looking to find a grimbergen blanche somewhere in dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seomra8

Anyone know if this is to be gotten in a dublin off licence?? been searching on the web but no luck so far...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Haven't seen it in ages. Redmond's of Ranelagh might be worth a look.

In general, specialty beer importers don't like bringing in brands owned by multinationals who are big players in their own market. There's the fear that you could spend a year or two building a market for Grimbergen and then Heineken would step in and say "Thanks for doing the legwork for us, we'll take it from here." Heineken Ireland already have Affligem covering the Belgian ale slot in their portfolio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I haven't been able to go and take a look because of exams but I should be in sometime next week

Advertisement