Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor Gas Camping Cooker

Options
  • 17-08-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

I got a calor gas camping cooker in an auction recently and it is in perfect condition, rarely used. However, the control knob which lights the oven doesn't have any 'gas marks' on it i.e. the figures which indicate what temperature the oven can be set at, and it is very difficult to bake or cook anything in it not knowing what temperature the oven has reached. I have tried a stand alone oven thermometer together with turning the knob up or down to try and get the temperature I need but it is impossible to get it right. I also notice that ifam using one or both of the rings at the same time, the temperature in the oven stays at about 150 degrees. I would be interested to hear from anybody else who has this Calor Gas model and how you get around this problem? I can't find the model number on the cooker but it is a very common appliance with two rings, a grill and an oven - 3 white control knobs for the rings and grill and a red one for the oven. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

They dont have thermostats, they really are just for camping, roughing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Thanks Billy Bunting. I was hoping to be able to use it in my home on a day to day basis to save electricity but I figured that might be the case allright - somebody is not going to be worrying about baking and cooking temps when they are out camping! Many thanks for your reply.

Advertisement