Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

trade help

Options
  • 17-08-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭

I have Steven Jackson, demarco Murray, Peyton hillis and Isaac Reid at rb. I have been offered Ryan Matthews for vernan Davies and his starting te is Clark so will try get him in deal too. Really unsure bout this.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd steer well clear of Ryan matthews. You have Davis and the proposed trade is a straight swap? I'd pass. Matthews got injured on his first carry of the preseason. You already have decent options at RB so I'd pass on that trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

gufc21 wrote: »
    I have Steven Jackson, demarco Murray, Peyton hillis and Isaac Reid at rb. I have been offered Ryan Matthews for vernan Davies and his starting te is Clark so will try get him in deal too. Really unsure bout this.

Thoughts?

I'd take that trade all day long. Matthews (when he comes back) has the potential to be the top scoring RB in the league. He's still going in the second or third round of most mock drafts. Vernon Davis on the other hand is over-valued because of his good run in the playoffs. if you can get Matthews and Clark for Davis snap his hand off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

I would say that this depends on the size of league. In a 14-16 team league, I would agree.

But in a 10 team league where waiver wires are always going to be richer with talent, the upside of Matthews when he returns in week 2/3/4 is well worth IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

In a 16 team league. The thing that was bothering me was atm I've got reasonable rb's studless granted but still ok. And a potentially strong te. Clark is a serious downgrade and will loose this matchup nearly every week.

Went for it anyway just waiting on the accept. Will try to trade Murray for a better te when Ryan back. On the other hand the new oc in st. Louis might use Kendricks a bit:-) (back up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Clark isn't even a factor imo. You've already got good options at RB, no reason to accept that trade imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

gufc21 wrote: »
    In a 16 team league. The thing that was bothering me was atm I've got reasonable rb's studless granted but still ok. And a potentially strong te. Clark is a serious downgrade and will loose this matchup nearly every week.

Went for it anyway just waiting on the accept. Will try to trade Murray for a better te when Ryan back. On the other hand the new oc in st. Louis might use Kendricks a bit:-) (back up)

At this stage I'd take Murray over Matthews, so losing Murray and Davies and gaining Matthews and a worse TE doesn't make sense to me

At this stage I'd take Murray over Matthews, so losing Murray and Davies and gaining Matthews and a worse TE doesn't make sense to me[/Quote]

Murray isn't part of the trade though. Will use him or Jackson to upgrade te in future?

At this stage I'd take Murray over Matthews, so losing Murray and Davies and gaining Matthews and a worse TE doesn't make sense to me[/Quote]

Murray isn't part of the trade though. Will use him or Jackson to upgrade te in future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Clark is a non entity and will do fook all this year. At most he will have average numbers. Who else have you got at TE?

Im taking it Reid means you have Isaiah Pead. So you have a starter in Jackson and the insurance in Pead. You also have Murray who will serve you well and Hillis will serve you ok also. No sense losing a solid TE for the sake of Matthews regardless how good Matthews could be when fit. You have a good backfield as is so keep it that way with the luxury of having a solid TE.

Besides there are a few sleeper backs out there who will get game time and could end up being lock starters by the time Matthews is back and fit.

Dat's what I was originally thinkin coach y I was lookin for advice. My team really is growing on me the more I look at it. Even rg3's upside is giving nd a warm feeling :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement