Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes tracks randomly lost....

Options
  • 17-08-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi all

Posted the same question over on the official Apple Discussions page and got no replies.... :mad: .... Hoping maybe someone on here can help...!

I set up a new MacBook Pro with iTunes for a relation of mine. He's a DJ and was planning on moving completely to djing from his new Mac. So over the last month or so he has been copying all his CD's and existing digital tracks into iTunes. He now has around 10,000 tracks all nicely named and organised. All music is stored on an external harddrive as the Mac would quickly run out of space with teh amount of music he plans including. The problem started a few weeks back where tracks would randonly appear with an exclamation besdie them. Some times he can locate them in their original location but other times they are gone.
    For the moment he can use the Mac for DJing as the last thing he wants is to be live and songs not to show up....? Can anyone out there help. I am quite an experienced Mac user (having used them for 20 years) but this is baffling me. The DJ in question has spent a lot on other equipment to get himself up and running digitally and as of yet has been unable to use his new setup.
    Any help would be appreciated...!

Thanks

Rats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is the external drive set up as HFS+ or NTFS ? I had a similar problem a while back and found that once the drive was set up as HFS+ everything worked fine.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

HFS+ as far as I remember...! I have to pay him a visit this weekend and will check for sure. Whats annoying is that it works perfectly and then randomly an exclamation mark appears beside tracks. I'm lost... Will check and get back to ye.

Thanks

Rats

Advertisement