Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Harddrive in 2006 Macbook.

Options
  • 17-08-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hello

I'm onto my third hardrive on my 2006 (I think), 13.3 White Macbook. The other two having failed at some point through general use I would say.

I purchased this on ebay

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/180943000603?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

In the description it said it would be suitable for a core duo macbbook which I think mine is.

I placed it in the laptop today but no joy. I get a 'prohibited' icon up on the screen, the circle with a diagonal dash through it.

Any thoughts or help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

I would have though any 2.5" SATA - SATAII drive would work.

You need to boot from the install CD 1st though, are you doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭doh777

thanks for the reply

i'll try that,

though having looked up the system specs required for the Lion OS I don't think my 2006 macbook will meet the requirements.

Intel core duo as opposed to intel core duo "2".

I think snow leopard is the latest that will work on it. (I could be wrong).

Advertisement