Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra H mk5 Airbag light and rattle problem

Options
  • 17-08-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi

My sister recently bought a mk5 astra. For some reason when she bought the car the rear wiper wouldn't work. It has now started working but has brought up a new error which is the Airbag light on the dash. Has anyone here come across something similar to this before or may be able to shed some light as to what may be causing the problems?

Also the engine rattles when starting. Its seems that it may be slow to oil but not exactly sure where the rattle is coming from. We are not sure if it is the timing chain that rattles or is it a different problem such as tappets which I think are hydraulic.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Hally_89

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

What isi the nature of the rattle? Is it from the engine itself like from the valves or is it more like something around the engine? If it is slow to oil you migt notice that the oil pressure light stays on for a second or two after the engine fires. If it just rattles while the starter is turning the engine over it may be a worn mount or something loose rattlign against the engine as it rocks back and forth while being started.
    Basically is it rattling WHILE being started or just for a second IMMEDIATELY AFTER being started.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭andy73

Hi,

The airbag light (and also can be associated with navigation / buttons / horn etc) is related with the CIM device.

It was a recall a while ago putting a clip near the CIM device that claimed to avoid this issue, but in your case you probably need to change the CIM device).

I would say that you need to visit an Opel dealer to fix that (change the CIM - you will need all keys to get them reprogrammed as part of the CIM change).

I had this issue just a week before my warranty expired.. Maybe you can get some rebate from Opel as I think is a known issue.

HTH.

Advertisement