Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Conlon

Options
  • 17-08-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

I see Michael had his iPhone stolen in Copper Jacks the other night,he was on the Joe Duffy show the other day telling about it,there's an article in the Irish Mail about it today also,what a lousey thing to do on young Conlon all his Olympic pictures and data were on it as well as lots more personal stuff.
    Phone was an iPhone 4s,i sincerely hope he gets it back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

barney4001 wrote: »
    I see Michael had his iPhone stolen in Copper Jacks the other night,he was on the Joe Duffy show the other day telling about it,there's an article in the Irish Mail about it today also,what a lousey thing to do on young Conlon all his Olympic pictures and data were on it as well as lots more personal stuff.
    Phone was an iPhone 4s,i sincerely hope he gets it back

Terrible stuff. If he synced it with his PC/laptop recently the contacts/pictures/settings will have been backed-up, though - if you right click on any iPhone's name on the side of iTunes, and click restore from backup, it should give you an option to restore from several past backups.

I actually found a 4s on the side of the road this week, sadly it was a neighbour's and not Michael's!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

City Centre pubs abnd clubs and retaurants are just full of thieving gits looking to take and rob anything they can. Notorious for it. Makes senses too for the thieves. So many people out and about and so many mobile devices to steal. Add in that many people are a bit tipsy. and it's gift wrapped for the thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

i see him and barnes are off to Bundoran for a break

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

conlAn

conlAn

yes bundoran was a CON

• Advertisement

It was kind of a dickish thing to continue the joke when Conlon was told by Joe Duffy on Liveline that people from Bundoran were planning a parade for them.

I get making a joke, but it went too far and probably hurt more than a few people in the area whose home was being made a mockery of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

;)
    conlAn

I see he has had his bank account scammed now what a rotten scumbag who stole his mobile

http://www.irishcentral.com/sport/Olympic-boxing-heros-bank-account-scammed-by-iPhone-thieves-167471545.html

barney4001 wrote: »
    I see he has had his bank account scammed now what a rotten scumbag who stole his mobile

http://www.irishcentral.com/sport/Olympic-boxing-heros-bank-account-scammed-by-iPhone-thieves-167471545.html

Surely the first thing you do is re-secure your bank account if its details were on a stolen phone :confused:

If the thieves have used it to buy physical items online -as it appears - it should be exceedingly easy to trace the transaction to an address or a PO box, which should have at least some sort of CCTV to get some photo-grabs off of.

I really would question how sophisticated the thieves that stole a public figure's phone are, it's about the best way to draw attention to yourself.

Advertisement