Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with proof of ownership - rent allowance

Options
  • 17-08-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I spoke to my landlord about 5 weeks ago regarding getting proof of ownership which he said was no problem, this is after 2-3 mths of nagging him to sign the original form. So I sent him out a stamped addressed envelop with an example of what kind of proof of ownership we needed.

So today lands in the letter to my relief. However when I open it I find a hand written letter stating he is the owner, has a mortgage with a certain bank and if they need anything else they should feel free to contact him.

Is there any point my taking it in to the CWO? Feel I'll just be sent straight back out again and yet again have to ring him.

I'm not sure if that's just him but everything we need always takes a huge amount of time. There are a few issues in the house regarding minimum standards which we are waiting for him to sort. As a result we haven't paid the rent, about 10-14 days late.

Is this going to cause more trouble than it's worth? After speaking to threshold they were definitely against withholding rent but I don't know what to do???

Basically in a position were if we play it by the book we have to write to him, contact the EPA and keep paying rent, all while the fecking roof is leaking! Sigh , never have I known a landlord like this.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Bring it to the CWO and see what they say, explain the situation and that you really feel that this is as good as it gets in relation to proof of ownership from him...even try to give them his number so they can ring him also ask threshold to ring him also as if he doesnt supply proof of ownership then you dont get rent allowance and he gets no rent :confused: its a no brainer just a pity you LL seems to have no brain

Advertisement