Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing sports rehabilitation this sept

Options
  • 17-08-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey all, anyone else doing or hoping to do sports rehabilitation and athletic therapy in Carlow this sept??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kth

Hey ya I been accepted to that course :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wolfie55

Excellent well done:) it looks like its gonna be a good course

Ya I'm looking forward to it :-) I'm guessing u were accepted also? Maybe we can be Friends :-p

Yea mate I received my offer but I'm back as a mature student... Lol I've been away for a while:) where are you from??

Wolfie55 wrote: »
    Yea mate I received my offer but I'm back as a mature student... Lol I've been away for a while:) where are you from??

Orite very good :-) limerick wbu :-)

• Advertisement

Oooohhhh limerick everyone better watch out eh;) I'm from Wexford bud, by the looks of it we are the only two on this site doing the course

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rdkevin123

howye lads..im doin the LC this year and was wondering what points did yous get to be accepted into that course ? thanks :)

We are on the course as mature students bud, think the leaving cert points are around the 420-430 mark... If you go onto Carlow it website and look up the course it will show you what points you need this year

We are on the course as mature students bud, think the leaving cert points are around the 420-430 mark... If you go onto Carlow it website and look up the course it will show you what points you need this year

thanks a lot :) is it a hard course ? when u complete the course what are the career options ?

Are you doing science subjects for your leaving cert?? Physics, chemistry, biology?? If you are it will be a huge advantage for you first year is all about anatomy and science, but you will get a lot of time learning and teaching fitness instruction,
    Careers wise at the moment in this country it's not great unless you are involved with Gaelic or rugby teams, the best place for work seems to be America and Canada with wages of 60000 dollars a year and up being advertised

• Advertisement

sounds like the states is the place to go :) .. does this course qualify u as a physio therapist ?

That's it:) no not as a chartered physio, i will try and explain it as best as I can:)
    A chartered physio spends a lot of their course learning about respiratory and neural illness where as our course is more to do with manual therapy, biomechanics and other hands on treatments. A physio can work in a hospital clinic where as we work in sports rehab centres and with teams,
    Now that does not mean the qualification is not as good as a chartered physio, quite the opposite actually as I have 2 good friends who are physiotherapists and they asked what I wanted to do then they recommended this to me, one actually done this course then done her masters in chartered physiotherapy in the uk...
    Just ask yourself at the end of the 4 years where do you want to work??
    In the big picture both need to work as part of a team for good effective patient treatment but in no way is a graduate of this course worse/beneath a chartered physio graduate.
    Hope that explains it a little bit lol

sounds like a great course. . thanks very much .. so can u go onto do chartered physio therapy when u finish the course ? are u working in a sports injury clinic on any work placements or anything ?

You can apply for the chartered physiotherapist course in the uk in 1st year then go to the uk after 1st year and do 3 years chartered physio... But getting accepted depends on your 1st year results

You can apply for the chartered physiotherapist course in the uk in 1st year then go to the uk after 1st year and do 3 years chartered physio... But getting accepted depends on your 1st year results
    Cheers thanks a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 campos88

Hey Wolfie 55,

I'm just wondering how many mature students are in the course?

Sorry for the late reply, there was 5 of us in last year but we were told its normally 2-4 mature students each year

Advertisement