Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTE after a year out of education?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there,

I was on back to education allowance for the past year for a college course level 5, now i'm on jobseekers since it ended in June.
    I put down so many courses on my CAO, which at the time I was interested in perusing, problem is with the places coming out on Monday, the course that i want to do isn't down on my CAO form..! I'm considering putting off college till next September to try get the course i really want.

I'm curious if i can receive BTE allowance next September if between now and then I manage to get a job ? seeing as it's moving up a level from 5 to 7 i wasn't sure if that alone quailifies me for it or do i need to spend the next year on job seekers to qualify?

Also, if all else fails and I accept one of the courses on my CAO, how likely is it that I would be allowed to transfer from one college to another college? given the course would be the same subject.

Comments

Advertisement