Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No idea what Im doing , registration fees , grant . Can someone shed some light

Options
  • 17-08-2012 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi all I just received my Letter from DIT about my registration fees I am a Mature student returning to college and I have no idea how this all works. I applied for the SUSI grant and BTEA. Do I pay the fees myself and then at some stage as i still have hear nothing from SUSI they will reimburse me ? or do i wait for that grant ? Very confused right now and when i try ring SUSI or the College I cant get through to get advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

SUSI will take a while to get back to you, just arrive into DIT. The college will send you a few emails about paying your fees but ignore these as you will eventually (if approved) get a letter saying you have been awarded the grant/fees and SUSI will pay these direct to the college.

Dont be worrying about, most people are in the same situation as yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

hi ya

hopefully you are sorted out. You dont have to pay anything. Just provide your susi details during registration and you are done

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

lil_tuts wrote: »
    Hi all I just received my Letter from DIT about my registration fees I am a Mature student returning to college and I have no idea how this all works. I applied for the SUSI grant and BTEA. Do I pay the fees myself and then at some stage as i still have hear nothing from SUSI they will reimburse me ? or do i wait for that grant ? Very confused right now and when i try ring SUSI or the College I cant get through to get advice.

Go to the fees registration office in DIT - tell them you are waiting on SUSI but can you register anyway

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

you dont need to go in - you are given the option when registering

http://dit.ie/registration/faqs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

hi ya

hopefully you are sorted out. You dont have to pay anything. Just provide your susi details during registration and you are done

Yes did that got myself into a real panic glad i dont have to worry about it any more. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement