Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview

Options
  • 17-08-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

We have a mobile home in Wexford and I want to get Saorview on the TV. At present there are three ariels on the system - 1 pointed towards Wales to pick up Freeeview and that works fine. The other two, UHF & VHF, were for terrestial Irish Stations RTE 1 & 2, TV3 and TG4. My TV is an LG LH2000 with a built in Freeview tuner and is about two years old.

Two days ago I did a manual tune, on DTV channel 45, and picked up all the Saorview stations with picture, sound and the EPG. Yesterday I lost the picture and sound but the EPG still worked. Today I do not have anything but an error invalid selection. I checked the signal strenth and the bar is full.

Funny thing I wanted to check exactly what the error message was and when I pulled up the EPG it was still blank so I selected a station to get the message but the stations are all now back and the EPG has been populated again.

I wonder is this a signal issue?

Any advise anyone could give would be appriciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

As things stand now, the Preseli transmitter in Wales uses channel 45 as well as Mt. Leinster.

Mt. Leinster will change to ch. 23 after analogue is switched off & this should resolve the conflict between Saorview & the affected UK channels (Pick tv, Dave, Challenge, to name 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Shoie

Peter, thanks for the reply. It is only the Saorview channels that are affected. Are the stations going to be transmitted in tandom on 23 and 45 or is just a switch from one to the other?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Mt. Leinster will stop broadcasting on ch. 45.

In the meantime, next time the Saorview channels are receivable, check those from Freeview mentioned above (along with Sky News & E4 +1), they won't be there.

Advertisement