Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightlife in dublin - Where the kids DONT go?

Options
  • 17-08-2012 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

What are some good nightclubs in Dublin that cater for people aged at least over 21...Everywhere i go seems to be full of teenagers or just very young looking people at least!!!!! Thanks :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Depends on-
    what music you like
    what age group you want to be around
    what nights you go out on

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭TheZenWithin

Wright Venue in Swords, Great venue, over 21s. and strict as hell on Id. I think D2 on Harcourt St are over 21s, Defo over 19s on yer average night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Workmans Club on Wellington Quay is a great spot.

http://www.theworkmansclub.com/

Grand Social would also be an alternative I would imagine.

I was going to suggest The Mercantile but I don't think they really do clubs anymore? Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭anBoMor

I'm not going to lie, I'm 18 and loads of my friends go to D2s, The Grand Social and Workmans (but specifically to get away from our crowd).
    I've always found Dandelion turn away youngsters though, which is mad.
    As for the Wrights venue, don't they do teenybopper discos every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pickingflowers

Larianne wrote: »
    Depends on-
    what music you like
    what age group you want to be around
    what nights you go out on

Music - not fussy, but do like chart music
    Age group - anything over 21
    Nights - dont care, any night of the week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Wright Venue in Swords, Great venue, over 21s. and strict as hell on Id. I think D2 on Harcourt St are over 21s, Defo over 19s on yer average night.

Wrights isn't strict about over 21 anymore, they need punters through the door.

How about Coppers :pac:

Seriously though, Workmans, Grand Social, Pygmalion and Lillies are probably your best bets. Lots of different options with music there and they all usually have an older crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Whelans on Camden street always has an older crowd.

I was out with friends on leaving cert night and i didnt see any teenagers in Whelans, even though Camden street was packed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Lillies is feckin pricey,was dragged there a few weekends ago and it was €15 in!

Whelans and Solas on Wexford Street tend to have an older crowd,The Globe/Ri Ra and Hogans on Georges Street are good spots too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Workman's Club is nice but last time I was there our group, in our '30s, were well outnumbered by college kids, some of them who barely even looked 18. We felt old...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd say if you're older than 21 but under 25 go to somewhere like Dandelion or Howl At the Moon. They play chart music.

Whelans is grand. Music wouldn't be charty. Moreso indie/rock stuff you can bop to.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    Workman's Club is nice but last time I was there our group, in our '30s, were well outnumbered by college kids, some of them who barely even looked 18. We felt old...

In fairness, The OP stated at least 21, by your reckoning I'm one of those kids :D

And €15 into Lillies. Didn't realise it was that pricey. Pints aint cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I found Dandelion make it up as they go along. One night I was going in and they let in anyone over 18... texted a mate to say he would get in. 15 mins later he arrives and is told its over 19s.

I found Dandelion make it up as they go along. One night I was going in and they let in anyone over 18... texted a mate to say he would get in. 15 mins later he arrives and is told its over 19s.

A lot of places do that, they just use it as an excuse when they want to be selective.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Foreword: I'm 21

I think in a lot of cases most places will have a younger crowd simply as 18-20s go out the most, so they always outnumber the oldies.

D2s is 21s some nights, 18 others. Dandelion is the same. Messers is good and can have an older crowd, but is a pub, but is connected to Qbar(New name escapes me).

Workmans/Lost Society/Grand Social are all 18 friendly. Shaw can be tricky some times, but mostly is grand too.

Hogans on fade street always seems to be full of a late twenties early thirties crowd, I pass it daily on my bike at 7.30, always jammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Flannerys, Coppers,

Whelans, although i always feel young in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

Cafe en Seine, when I go there with younger mates (~21) they don't like it because they see so many old people.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

Try the area in dame lane, created by smokers from the stags head, 4 dame lane, sweeneys, mercantile and the speakeasy, typically a more mature crowd but also kinda alternative, chances of hearing chart music in those places is minimum, people just seem to breeze in and out of those 5 pubs tho

Advertisement