Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question for people....

Options
  • 17-08-2012 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭

If you were playing on a server which would you prefer, constant balancing throughout the game, or starting balanced, maintaining balance for a while but then not really worrying about the 4 or 5 guys who always quit towards the end of the game.

Tonight I noticed it happen a lot, about 5 mins out from the end of a game people on the losing team would start to quit. I didn't want to move someone who had been working for the win onto a losing team though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

If you were playing on a server which would you prefer, constant balancing throughout the game, or starting balanced, maintaining balance for a while but then not really worrying about the 4 or 5 guys who always quit towards the end of the game.

Tonight I noticed it happen a lot, about 5 mins out from the end of a game people on the losing team would start to quit. I didn't want to move someone who had been working for the win onto a losing team though.

You win some you loose some I dont like being moved...
    I would says tho as if I ha d server and I was evening out the teams the person with the least amount of points get shifted :)

Think thats pretty fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I never move people on our server if it is coming towards the end of the game. It's harsh on the guys who are on the winning team and it'll clear your server out quicker than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I never move people on our server if it is coming towards the end of the game. It's harsh on the guys who are on the winning team and it'll clear your server out quicker than anything else.

Agreed , nothing worse than working hard for the team win and then getting randomly switched at the end . I also hate when I have when I have been on a server a while and manage to switch onto the team with the rest of my buddies on TS and then get randomly switched back again .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Balance at the start of the round while trying to keep people who are obviously together on one team (e.g. same tag and squad). After the round starts, stop balancing. That's what sounds best to me, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

On Craggy we balance at the end of a round, based on players' SPM in the previous round - which creates far more even teams. This does break up squads, but most people think it's worth it. During the round, we just run a live balancer to make sure the teams have even numbers, and it's set to balance the last joiner to the game (although it can be a bit dodgy at times :p). It stops live balancing when there's <50 tickets left.

• Advertisement
Advertisement