Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone At Home Broadband Review

Options
  • 16-08-2012 11:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm just wondering and would like to know about peoples experiences with Vodafone at home broadband. We have it at home and the package is 8Mg 40GB allowance + home phone bundle for €38/month and the server is very good! We previously had UPC for several years since it was called Ntl.
    But anyway, any thoughts/feedback at all would be great!
    Go raibh maith agat :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It all comes down to where you live and how good your line is. If my line was excellent (it was, incidentally) and I got the speeds advertised and had reliable service, it's not going to have any bearing on how your line will be. You'll always have mixed reviews on these things.

40gb allowance wouldn't cut it in my house though.

What do you think of it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It all comes down to where you live and how good your line is. If my line was excellent (it was, incidentally) and I got the speeds advertised and had reliable service, it's not going to have any bearing on how your line will be. You'll always have mixed reviews on these things.

40gb allowance wouldn't cut it in my house though.

What do you think of it?

I'm not the bill payer but I have access to viewing the bills (online) and the price varies so much :O But yeah I've just done a speed test and got 6.87 down and 0.87 up on a 8Mg line thats not too bad ;) Yeah 40GB is nothing...I remember back with Ntl you could use as much as you liked without you ever worrying. (Don't think its like that now: Allowance is 300GB or something) If you ask about you can get unlimited usage off Vodafone for an extra tenner a month! I don't know why but its not advertised but that's what the sales man told my mam over the phone :D All in all great service oh and thanks for replying so quick :L

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

Hi I'm just wondering and would like to know about peoples experiences with Vodafone at home broadband. We have it at home and the package is 8Mg 40GB allowance + home phone bundle for €38/month and the server is very good! We previously had UPC for several years since it was called Ntl.
    But anyway, any thoughts/feedback at all would be great!
    Go raibh maith agat :D
    I was with BT who were taken over by Vodafone. With BT i had no problems. From the day that Vodafone took over I had nothing but trouble.Snails pace service,constantly dropping, and their customer service must be the worst i have ever experienced, and that includes banks,building societies, insurance companies, and even government departments Need I say more?

djh2009 wrote: »
    I was with BT who were taken over by Vodafone. With BT i had no problems. From the day that Vodafone took over I had nothing but trouble.Snails pace service,constantly dropping, and their customer service must be the worst i have ever experienced, and that includes banks,building societies, insurance companies, and even government departments Need I say more?

Wow! really? It seems to be a pot luck with Vodafone some people get great service and others....May I ask what package you were on, speeds, price, allowance oh and if you live in a rural area or not :O thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

Wow! really? It seems to be a pot luck with Vodafone some people get great service and others....May I ask what package you were on, speeds, price, allowance oh and if you live in a rural area or not :O thanks :pac:
    Its a good while ago now.Allegedly up to 8mb d/l,lucky to get 1 most nights,around €38pm including off-peak calls, 20gb allowance,and I live in Dublin 15.Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

djh2009 wrote: »
    Its a good while ago now.Allegedly up to 8mb d/l,lucky to get 1 most nights,around €38pm including off-peak calls, 20gb allowance,and I live in Dublin 15.Hope this helps.

Oh well thanks for replying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 soundman0_5

Anyone Got an opinion on the current quality of Vodafone's Home Essentials Broadband Package?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

See post #2

Advertisement