Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who applied for Law and German in TCD? (2012)

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hoping to ease the nerves for Monday's offers a teeeeny bit; just wondering what my chances of being accepted are :) Obviously I realise that posting here isn't an accurate indicator or anything, but I'm just curious! Also, how much of an increase in points from 495 could potentially be expected and do you think the honours maths points will add a lot to them? Finally, how did you get on in the Leaving? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

nestunda wrote: »
    Hoping to ease the nerves for Monday's offers a teeeeny bit; just wondering what my chances of being accepted are :) Obviously I realise that posting here isn't an accurate indicator or anything, but I'm just curious! Also, how much of an increase in points from 495 could potentially be expected and do you think the honours maths points will add a lot to them? Finally, how did you get on in the Leaving? :)

There are only 15 places in that course, as far as I know. Finding many others applying for it on this forum is, therefore, quite unlikely. I'd say the Maths will add something to it. For a high-point course, candidates are more likely to be doing honours Maths. Courses with fewer places tend to fluctuate a lot more than bulkier courses with 80-200+ places, so if your sitting on the edge, I wouldn't rule anything out this early in the game. Good luck on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nestunda

Thank you, this helped! :)

Forgot to add - I got 520, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

nestunda wrote: »
    Forgot to add - I got 520, by the way.

Hypothetically, if points were to stay the same from year to year, that's the exact number I'd guess this year's cut-off mark to be (since you can pretty much count on the 25 point increase to fully impact this type of course). Like I said though, a small course is small for a reason: smaller demand, and smaller demand means big points fluctuation from year to year. It's impossible to tell.

Yeah, that was my estimate too. Anyway, thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
Advertisement