Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with second video card in W7

Options
  • 16-08-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had w7 32bit installed on my pc. Had Radeon HD6970 and HD3450 as a secondary adapter. All was working perfectly.
    I since installed w7 64bit and cannot get hd3450 going. No matter what drivers I use it would install it and ask me to reboot PC and after reboot both drivers are not loaded. After that I have to completely reinstall the driver.

If I boot up into old installation of w7 32 bit - both cards are working properly.
    Is there issue with hd3450 and 64bit???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

poops66 wrote: »
    Is there issue with hd3450 and 64bit???

Not that I know of, I have a Dell Optiplex 360 here with a ATI Radeon HD3450 (256 MB). OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Works like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭poops66

Torqay wrote: »
    Not that I know of, I have a Dell Optiplex 360 here with a ATI Radeon HD3450 (256 MB). OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Works like a charm.

Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

And as far as I remember, the Windows picked up the device and I didn't Install the Catalyst driver... but I can check.

What driver are you using for the 6970? Looks like the 3450 is trying to use the in-box Microsoft driver and failing. AMD dropped support for HD4000 and earlier in the 12.5 driver so you'll need to go back to 12.4 for both to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭poops66

Karsini wrote: »
    What driver are you using for the 6970? Looks like the 3450 is trying to use the in-box Microsoft driver and failing. AMD dropped support for HD4000 and earlier in the 12.5 driver so you'll need to go back to 12.4 for both to work.

Thanks for the reply, I cannot say for sure right now as I am away from computer, but I am pretty sure I tried the older driver as well, also both cards are still working under w7 32bit

• Advertisement
Advertisement