Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collaboration in design?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys... I am new here. My husband and I are finally getting our living room renovated. However, everything I ask him he says: "yes, sure, whatever makes you happy". This was because he NEVER has patience to sit down and go over color schemes and such.

So I was browsing the internet and found an app called Marqueed that allows me to upload the designs that inspire me (like Pinterest), but it is private and you can add markups.
    I invited my husband to join it, and now it is me, him and the interior designer on the, what they call, Collection.

Have you guys used Marqueed yet? Any tips you can give to me?
    I like it a lot so far...

Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Best idea Ive had when my OH doesn't show interest is just to show them completed rooms.
    Ask them what sort of room they want(to be honest at this stage you should have an inkling)

Dont bother with things like"I like the colour of this wall and the curtains in this picture and the fireplace in this picture"

Just find a room that has the overall vibe and design you would like and say would you be happy for me to do it in this style.He'll be much more responsive when he can see the finished article even if the elements dont match the picture 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Also use houzz.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Loxinha

Thank you so much, seannash!

BC has been more responsive to the project now that we are using Marqueed. One of the problems we had was that he would NEVER want to come with me to meet the designer. When she came to the house, he was fixing the garden and was not very interested.

The designer is at Marqueed too, so we actually do not need to set up meetings as often anymore.
    I have to confess that I was doing a little bit of "Oh, love this lamp on this one, but love the rug on the another one" thing. I will pay more attention to this, thank you again!

Advertisement