Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jing Gong , CYMA & DBOYs

Options
  • 16-08-2012 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Lads I wanna know about your opinions and experience with these three clone brands. Never had the balls to buy them and was getting curious. Are they worth buying even though the higher end brands could be bought for less than €100 more? I am not asking about a specific gun but instead about their guns in general. My friend wants an Ak/Mp5 and I'm not too sure whether to tell him to go clone or G&G, LCT, VFC etc.He is looking for a good, reliable gun that will suit a beginner , last him a good while and not break his bank.

Any help is always appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

DBOYS: Can't say much, never owned one

Jing Gong: Had a JG Stubby Killer, what a little treasure. When I bought it it was chronoing at 325fps, 3 years on, sold to a mate, never had work done and still chronoing the same. Great range aswell, a little tank!

CYMA: Very well built, extremely reliable aeg's. As clones go, prob one of the best on the market at this current stage

Others may have differing opinions, just going on my experience:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Can't say much for CYMA, but I've had experience with the other two.

Jing Gong: Don't own one, but my friend owns a JG G36c, bought back around 2010 I think, and it's been running perfect since. Only problem he had with it is one of the wires ripped but that was due to disassembly of the AEG. It was fixed shortly after that and no trouble then.

D-Boys: I bought one in February and it only lasted me two weeks. The AEG started firing 2-3 bursts in semi, then it turned into full auto. Checked the wiring and the cut-off lever, replaced then and it still didn't work. Now it's in pieces.....

That's my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭brian888

I see a pattern. I always hear surprising things about JG and the clones but JG is a name that normally stands out. Any more opinions always still welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

of the 3 mentioned brands in respect to an AK or MP5 i would go with a cyma.
    cyma ak's and mp5's are solid, reliable, good performers and look the mutts nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

thermo wrote: »
    of the 3 mentioned brands in respect to an AK or MP5 i would go with a cyma.
    cyma ak's and mp5's are solid, reliable, good performers and look the mutts nuts.

Although I've had very good experience with JG I would have to agree with thermo here, cyma are great build quality in every way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

dont get me wrong the others are good too, it just my preferance is cyma as they have seriously upped their game in regards the quality in the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Have Cyma AK's and MP5's both are fantastic guns for there price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Had experiance with all 3 makes and like jayod30 and Thermo mentioned, their decent aegs for the price.

As long as you use a 8.4 /9.6 v battery or 7.4 lipo your grand, just don't pop a 11.1 lipo in....it will be a disaster.

In terms of AK , cyma do a decent heavy solid copy of them.

Dboys for the money are grand especially for the metal externals.

JG are decent enough too.

But i might be get slammed for this but in essense cheap aegs and expensive aegs to me all need work. 99 times out of a 100 the gearbox needs to be regreased and shimmed which i was thought by a techie is the basic and most benifical thing you can do for any gearbox.

Along with that tightbore and softer hop up rubber for better consistant accuracy.

Before those things done to it the aegs i had "cyma, dboys and JG" still performed perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Only found out a few days ago that my friends CyberGun AK was made by CYMA. I was opening the gearbox to replace parts and it said "CM.02?", can't remember the last number.

He had it since Summer 2009, and it was only three days ago it gave up. The piston head blew into pieces and the rubber was worn out. The gears, spring (Was a heavier spring), spring guide, wiring and the other parts were in great shape. All I dd was change the spring, piston with head and two gears, left the sector gear, change the rubber and left the bucking and taped the inner barrel four times and put everything back together.

I can say myself that CYMA are a excellent brand and they sure are worth the money.

Advertisement