Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance for student?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I'm an unemployed student for the last three years(yay). I qualify for BTEA and the full grant due to applying pre 2010. I was wondering am I entitled to Rent Allowance aswell? Are there other benefits that I could be claiming?

Times are tough and I'm entering my 4th year of study. Due to the nature of the profession I am training for I will most likely be a taxpayer this time next year so I'm reeeally not interested in hearing about certain individuals outrage at my receipt of state assistance thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

cant see why not - are you paying rent now or living at home

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Spud5467

studenti wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm an unemployed student for the last three years(yay). I qualify for BTEA and the full grant due to applying pre 2010. I was wondering am I entitled to Rent Allowance aswell? Are there other benefits that I could be claiming?

Times are tough and I'm entering my 4th year of study. Due to the nature of the profession I am training for I will most likely be a taxpayer this time next year so I'm reeeally not interested in hearing about certain individuals outrage at my receipt of state assistance thank you.

I am currently due to go into second year and am receiving BTEA (when I go back of course). Anyways, I had no trouble getting Rent Allowance, just make sure your landlord will accept it. On top of that I was getting Fuel allowance, even though I was living with 3 other professionals at the time. I didnt have to apply for that, just automatically was added to from September to April.

Apply for what you can as if you receive it why wouldn't you claim. It is there to help people who are struggling. My friend has an excellent saying

"Dont blame the person who ate the pie, blame the person who gave it too them." They can take it up with the department of social protection or whoever ;) Good luck

Advertisement