Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rvp and United Paddy Power

Options
  • 16-08-2012 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭

So just noticed Paddy Power have up an enhanced special Manchester United to win the league and RVP to be top scorer 18/1.

Who knows......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I did this the other day 20 large on rvp and man united 18/1 looks a class price to me. Hopefully he hits the ground running on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

he was top scorer last year because he was at arsenal and the only one who you could count on scoring he was the target for most crosses, utd have better quality forwards anyone of them scoring a number of goals in a match, so his chances will decrease and he might not take peno's so that a few off his tally, and he might break his leg.

or maybe as an arsenal fan i am just being bitter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

How often does the league top scorer retain it the following year?
    A good bet but he could very easily pick up an injury as he is prone to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Given you have Rooney, RVP, Hernandez and Wellbeck there will be a fair bit of rotation I would imagine much like 99 when they had Yorke,Cole,Solskjaer and Sheringham . Also coupled with the fact that it took Arsene how many years to crack how to keep RVP injury free for a full season could very well see him pick up a few knocks.

Would be surprised if he did replicate last year to be honest.

As a United fan I say the RVP will help take back the title with Tevez or Aguero taking top Goalscorer

I just thought 18/1 is a very good price. I think the league will be between united and city again this year. So 18/1 on united and a man who finished top scorer last year albeit for a different team seams like good value. Same bet was only 10/1 last time I checked on betfair. Not sure what other bookies are offering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

well lads, I did this bet myself but only placed 5.50 but 100 profit be still nice..

the odds have gone nuts after suarez biting incident and he's expected a big ban which is good news for us backers :)

rvp is two goals behind and hopefully score v villa tomorrow

I just checked betfair and suarez is 3.95 for top scorer even though he's 2 goals ahead :eek: rvp is 1.45 and dropping like mad since the incident and I presume all bookies have reacted to this..

im wondering whether to gurantee profit by backing suarez for say..30 quid and that should guarantee profit of about 70. bale is 4 goals behind and is 20/1 he looks like a decent longshot for sure!

@incognito man - I wish I backed the amount that you did :P

What's the story with the Suarez ban. When will we find out about the length of the ban. Hopefully he can't play again this season

What's the story with the Suarez ban. When will we find out about the length of the ban. Hopefully he can't play again this season

im pretty confident he wont play again this season. he was banned for 7 games for a similar incident when playing for ajax. sure fellaini got banned for 3 or 4 games for a light headbutt..the fa will have no choice to ban him.. they are investigating it now so im sure we'll hear at some stage this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Jesus uv got to be loving that 18/1. Now that he has started scoring again you'd fancy him to close the gap. Fancy him for a couple 2night against Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

looking good now.. outright top scorer

• Advertisement

ah what a night... not only is this bet looking great.. but took the enhanced pp of and RVP hattrick at 14/1 and stuck 15 on it :) im a united fan also and have him as captain in the fantasty football..what a night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Missed the game but according to Gary Neville you owe the linesman a few pints.

Be surprised to see Suarez again this season, so the 18 to 1 is looking like some bet now.

It would be at least a 3 game ban for any other player but they will throw the book at Suarez and rightly so, it was pathetic (and I'm a Liverpool fan).

10 game ban!!!!!!!!!!1

yeowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

bale is 5 or 6 behind though..just hope RVP gets more game time now that the title is won.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

i noticed this price myself and got on it :D .When I saw the Suarez biting incident this bet was the first thing I thought of. Looks all but a shoe in now unless Bale goes on a super demon of a rampage. The top gs market has been pulled by PP so I cheekily asked would they manually settle the bet for me but no dice!.

cup of tea wrote: »
    i noticed this price myself and got on it :D .When I saw the Suarez biting incident this bet was the first thing I thought of. Looks all but a shoe in now unless Bale goes on a super demon of a rampage. The top gs market has been pulled by PP so I cheekily asked would they manually settle the bet for me but no dice!.

I have the bet with betfred (18/1 as well) and asked for an early payout but was told no. Oh well Just have to wait another month :D :cool:

ha, was only thinking of asking powers would they settle but the gits are probably hoping bale will run riot. fergie will no doubt rest rvp and try the youth players but if bale creeps up he will want rvp to get the golden boot and play him a bit extra. bale is 6 goals behind..nice aul gap

Advertisement