Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill School Insurance

Options
  • 16-08-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just got an email from Chill and their School Insurance Personal Accident Cover is back.

€4.50 for school hours only and €7.00 for 24-hour cover.

http://www.chill.ie/products/school-insurance/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

As far as I remember they gave it free last year for junior school pupils :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭RayCon

I dont get this ... for €7 I can cover my child for Personal Accident Insurance for a year ?
    So if one of them was out playing, had an accident, broke an arm or whatever - it would cover the hospital bills, GP bills, Physio Therapy (if applicable) etc ??

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Last year I think it was free For basic cover or €3 for 24 hour cover. It's about €8 for the same cover through the school so not a particular bargain this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

do they have to be in school to get this. my little lad is 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Afraid not

from their FAQs:

"Can anybody take out School Personal Accident Cover?
    No, this product is designed to cover children attending primary or secondary school. To be eligible, children must be over 3 and under 20 years at the time of joining and must be attending a school where their name appears on the register of students."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Afraid not

from their FAQs:

"Can anybody take out School Personal Accident Cover?
    No, this product is designed to cover children attending primary or secondary school. To be eligible, children must be over 3 and under 20 years at the time of joining and must be attending a school where their name appears on the register of students."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Didn't it used to be illegal to insure your child against death?
    Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It's in the FAQs

http://www.chill.ie/media/31890/school-insurance-policy-document-schedule.pdf

though I can't see anything about an excess

Advertisement