Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Flaw in Webmail

• 16-08-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I've notified the college about this a year ago and they told me that it would be resolved ASAP - they agreed it was a bit of a security/privacy risk too. Yet 12 months later the issue is still present.

Admittedly this isn't a massive flaw in the system that will let someone wipe your records from the college, but its a flaw none the less.

I've written more about it on my blog here

But it's just worth changing the PIN you use to access the "Secure Area" for results and what not. I've gotten on to the college again about it but still no word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

I believe that everyone's PIN is reset to the original PIN every exam 'session' so changing it isn't exactly protecting yourself.

Advertisement