Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thatchers Cider

Options
  • 16-08-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

I was in the UK last week visiting friends and got introduced to Thatchers Cider. It was incredibly drinkable and high quality compared to the regular muck we get here (Bulmers/Scrumpy etc.). Is there anywhere in Ireland (preferably Galway) that stocks varieties of this cider?

What I had was Katie I was told, and Katie Rose which was a Rosé. It was really excellent stuff.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

DrinkStore has a decent selection of ciders, including one from Thatchers plus plenty of the new generation of proper Irish ciders. They deliver nationwide.

I've heard David Llewellyn has recently released an all-Katy varietal but I've not seen it for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

It used to be fairly well stocked in ireland up to a few years ago but never really got off the ground over here, which is a pity because it was absolutely stunning. thatchers gold was my personal favourite, so crisp and fresh, great with pork chops.
    People are finally starting to see the light now, and are moving away from bulmers thank god, and craft brewers here are producing great ciders. stonewell, longueville are two excellent examples well worth a try and are reasonably well available

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭toffeeshel

Toby's (Armagh) Cider have brought out a Katy Cider. It will be available in some Dublin outlets soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Thatchers Gold is on tap in blackrock Co Dublin..Three Tun Tavern..€4.25 a pint
    Arguably the best cider on tap for the price and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squonk

One to check out next time I'm in Dublin so!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

€2.95 in Wetherspoons Dun Laoghaire yesterday.

Advertisement