Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens now ?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I owe €112 to an internet supplier after a long battle with them about being over charged after cancellation, I have been threatened a couple of times with court proceedings, I contacted the dept collection people and offered to make monthly repayments to clear it but was told no.
    Yesterday I got a solicitor letter stating that I need to make immediate contact to settle this or I will have a judgement made against me or go to court or send the sheriff.
    I have made 9 calls but got no answer and have sent an email but got no reply.
    The letter gives me an option to pay the full amount online but I would prefare to pay installments as Im broke.

What happens now if I dont pay the full amount ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

They're just trying to scare you. Let it go to court. When you get before the judge, he'll probably ask you what you're willing to pay weekly/monthly, then make an order to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cathy83

I'd agree. The legal fees would be more than the amount owed, I couldn't imagine it being worth their while even taking you to court! I'd write them a letter setting out your proposal to pay them. If it does go to court, you can show the courts the efforts you've been making to settle this.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

They said that I would have to pay the court costs if it goes to that..
    After another email I finally got a reply, they have agreed to take my offer.
    Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement