Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vectra C 1.9CDTI - Replaced Turbo - No power below 3k RPM

Options
  • 16-08-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi all.

Got my 04 Vectra C back last night having had the turbo replaced. No problems when the turbo kicks in but it's got very little power below 3000 revs, in any gear. I'm going back to the mechanic this evening. I would like to have an idea of what the problem might be before returning the car to him so if anyone here has any suggestions as to what it may be, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Yip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

is it new or 2nd hand turbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

TURRICAN wrote: »
    is it new or 2nd hand turbo?

It's a re-cond turbo ( with a 1 year warranty).

ok.
    is it vacuum assisted wastgate or electic?

ok.
    is it vacuum assisted wastgate or electic?

I've no idea to be honest mate. Could one tell by looking at it?

Hard to explain if you don't know what ur lookin for.

• Advertisement

Hard to explain if you don't know what ur lookin for.

Ok thanks. I'm pretty sure the turbo itself is fine as there are no problems once it kicks in. An air flow problem perhaps?

Advertisement