Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.0" Capacitive 5-point TFT Touch Screen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thread here on similar cheap tablets. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056672121

Some have better spec for same money.Ordered one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I've just oredered one for my son, am curious to see how good/bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Hi Zerks, I got the A10 (Cambridge Sciences) unit that you recommended on page 18 of the thread you have linked above.

OP, it similar to yours but has 8gb hard drive and 3200 ma/h battery for the same money. It is performing well.

Vat and post office handling charges totaled 21 euro, you might escape customs detection as its a game of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

sparksfly wrote: »
    Hi Zerks, I got the A10 (Cambridge Sciences) unit that you recommended on page 18 of the thread you have linked above.

OP, it similar to yours but has 8gb hard drive and 3200 ma/h battery for the same money. It is performing well.

Vat and post office handling charges totaled 21 euro, you might escape customs detection as its a game of luck.

Waiting on mine,should arrive shortly as we ordered them around the same time IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Similar Spec on EBay through a UK Seller for £55 including shipping.

Ultrathin 7" inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC 1.2+GHz Allwinner A13 4GB

Add another €3.50 for Parcel Motel and you get it for around €72 with no customs issues and far shorter lead time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

evostik wrote: »
    Similar Spec on EBay through a UK Seller for £55 including shipping.

Ultrathin 7" inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC 1.2+GHz Allwinner A13 4GB

Add another €3.50 for Parcel Motel and you get it for around €72 with no customs issues and far shorter lead time.

Ah, but it doesn't come in white! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Are these 5 point screens any use or are they crap....

Would like a honest answer... please
    7.0" Capacitive 5-point TFT Touch Screen Android 4.0.3 Tablet PC with 4GB Hard Disk, Wi-Fi and Camera (black & white) €58

From Focal Price. Don't know how much you'd get caught on customs but for €58 I might take a punt on it? Was thinking of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 but am loath to part with €239 when I can get this for €58! Here's the specs:

http://www.focalprice.com/CE0124X/70_Capacitive_5point_TFT_Touch_Screen_Android_403_Tablet_PC_with.html?Currency=EUR#.UCzlkKDYF7k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I ended up going with this one: http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB024.php

It was recommended here and so far I'm quite pleased with it. You can expand the memory to 32g.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

Are these 5 point screens any use or are they crap....

Would like a honest answer... please

Well, the one I got was OK...

- Battery life was appalling, around an hour
    - Could not recharge via usb, had to use supplied charger - which failed 6 weeks later
    - Processor just about copes with speed, there are delays from time to time
    - SD card slot was poor - not easy to remove the card
    - I couldn't move apps to the SD card and had to use the 4GB internal memory

The screen and touch controls were fine, as good as I expected for the price.

They are a bit of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

I ordered similar from focal price back in sep, cost me €48
    First of all it arrived after 1 month & was held by customs
    I got a letter from customs to provide PayPal receipt & paid extra €17 to get it so total cost €65, it has A8 cortex cpu

it was different than the one they showed in pics & useless to me
    i didnt claim as i have to take pics, claim it on paypal return it on my expense then wait for another & may be pay another customs charge so i leave & it was waste of money

the next day i searched adverts & a nice seller sold me a way better tablet in €85 delivered to my door in €85, it has A9 cortex cpu which is a lot better than A8, that was a gift for someone & still work great

i bought recently Samsung Galaxy Tab for myself & it is no match to these cheap tablets, there is a big difference & its worth spending

• Advertisement
Advertisement