Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does your rationalism separate you from the majority?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I am an extremely rational person. I think rationalism sets me apart from most other people in the following ways:
    • atheism
    • a rejection of nationalism / national pride / tribal affiliation with supposed countrymen
    • childfree

How about you?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

everyone thinks they're rational, just like everyone thinks they're a good driver

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just the first one, tbh.
    And maybe a love of Science Fiction. :)

How do you know if you subscribe to rationalism? Don't most people consider themselves rational?

Snap: bluewolf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well, I don't know anything about rationalism, I'm afraid, but I do love little kittens. They're so soft and furry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

closed account, that was quick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

bluewolf wrote: »

You made him feel bad:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Haha, rationalism means being childfree? Kind of proves the point that everyone sees rationalism differently.

I wouldn't be so smug as to assume I'm more rational than most people, although I think people should try to be rational. I think most religious people would admit their belief is not rational, its the faith that makes it so important; except maybe Creationists who think their belief is perfectly rational.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Guess the UAE religious police got him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I wouldn't be so smug as to assume I'm more rational than most people, although I think people should try to be rational.
    In my experience, people who introduce their thoughts with something like "I'm very skeptical and always look for evidence" tend to be creationists, religious fundamentalists, paranoid conspiracy fantasists and so on.

Was it Sagan who said that you yourself are the easiest person to fool?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

*comes up with idea for thread*
    *bluewolf instantly demolishes argument*
    *closes account*

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This should become the ask Bluewolf thread. If she can answer the question, you have to leave boards.

(But like in wrestling, you can come back)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

She will be our new god!

Yes, the sex change is mandatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sarky wrote: »
    She will be our new god!

For us or for her?! :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dave! wrote: »
    Sarky wrote: »
    She will be our new god!

For us or for her?! :eek:

Nah, pinkwolf doesn't sound too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Jimmy444

robindch wrote: »
    In my experience, people who introduce their thoughts with something like "I'm very skeptical and always look for evidence" tend to be creationists, religious fundamentalists, paranoid conspiracy fantasists and so on.

Was it Sagan who said that you yourself are the easiest person to fool?

Might have been Feynman, according to Pushtrak in another thread:
    428398_3541698862420_1062770076_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This should become the ask Bluewolf thread. If she can answer the question, you have to leave boards.

(But like in wrestling, you can come back)

Alright, I have question : bluewolf why is your peevishness towards boardsie's failure to recognise your lower case 'b' inconsistent? Some people you eat alive for it, yet others you barely even make a passing remark. :confused:

Jernal wrote: »
    Alright, I have question : bluewolf why is your peevishness towards boardsie's failure to recognise your lower case 'b' inconsistent? Some people you eat alive for it, yet others you barely even make a passing remark. :confused:

I was going to make a joke replying to him with "okay - my name is bluewolf, not Bluewolf. Now get off boards!" but then I was afraid he might close his account too. So I didn't.

:p

I was going to make a joke replying to him with "okay - my name is bluewolf, not Bluewolf. Now get off boards!" but then I was afraid he might close his account too. So I didn't.

:p
    Well you answered, so now I gotta leave. :(

Stupid (awesome!) steam sale cost me my subscription for the time being. Dang it anyways, was going to see if I could change my description tag to "Closed Account." for a few moments. :D

Go on Sarky try it! :p

haha it wont let me

haha it wont let me

Maybe it's a sexist/modist thing? Maybe we should get a male mod, or male non mod to try it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

close-enough.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

I'm not really all that particularly rational, I just don't embrace irrationality as a life style.

We all have out flaws, we all fall marketing for instance.

Advertisement