Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any non displaylink display adaptors out there?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Im looking to connect my macbook to another screen (already have one set up) and have bought the universal adaptor that uses display link software, after much troubleshooting it would not work although it said works for all MacOSx

Anyone here using any other types, brands? Looking to not spend too much and am just using it for a static screen, (not used for gaming etc) cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gparis

Hi Jose,

There are two product lines from DisplayLink - the USB3 graphics which do not support MacOSX yet, and the USB2 graphics products which all of them support MacOSX. I work at DisplayLink and I would be interested to know what brand sells the adapter you mention and stating that supports MacOSX whereas it does not. I assume it is going to be a USB3 product (or at least it includes the DisplayLink USB3 core graphics on it) - otherwise, Mac drivers would be supported.

All in all, let me know the brand and where you bought it, so that they get the message right for the next user and my advice that for now, you exchange it for a USB2 DisplayLink core technology product.

Gemma

Advertisement