Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i-to-i TEFL

Options
  • 16-08-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Has anyone ever done the TEFL course with i-i? Or the internship? I would be interested in the internship option because of the support available and meeting other students.

I've seen some negative views about them online and was wondering does anyone have any positive experience of them or secured a job after completing the course?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 innominat

I did a weekend course. I found a job in Korea after it. But the market in Korea was easier then. ?You dont need a TEFL to get work in Korea at least in my experience many people didn't have a TEFL done.
    If your really serious about TEFL I would look into the CELTA or similar as you can get hired in Europe with it.
    More expensive but worth it. It contains teaching practice on real students which is key.
    I have done online TEFL and found them to be a waste of time.
    You will get work in Korea easy enough and its a better place to get experience then doing a low paid internship.
    Whatever you choose good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Marie212

Thanks for your reply! :) I'm thinking strongly of doing the CELTA course because I would love to work in Europe. I've been doing a lot of research into it and I think it's definitely the best option although I am a bit scared as the course seems to be pretty intense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The Circular Journey

Celta will get you jobs, but generally I-to-I wont in more developed places.

I have done 80 hours with I-to-I, and the certificate has not opened a single door that wasnt already open without the certificate.

Celta can be a bit more expensive and time consuming, however if i had known back then what i know now, i would have gone the Celta route.

Advertisement