Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of London - any feedback???

Options
  • 16-08-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has studied with the University of London (LSE) ?

Have been looking online at their BSc in Maths and Economics and its working out over 10 grand cheaper than a BSc from the OU. (£3679 vs £15000)

Is it too good to be true? or have I miscalculated fees?

Would love to hear any feedback at all. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 atago

ceegee wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has studied with the University of London (LSE) ?

Have been looking online at their BSc in Maths and Economics and its working out over 10 grand cheaper than a BSc from the OU. (£3679 vs £15000)

Is it too good to be true? or have I miscalculated fees?

Would love to hear any feedback at all. Cheers!

If you multiply the 12 required subjects by the examination entry fee and add in the handling and initial registration fees it looks like they are allowing for two continuing registration fees which I assume means they expect you to complete in three years. Presumably if you take longer than that you will pay more continuing registration fees.

Bear in mind I don't think there are any assignments/tutorials/feedback etc included in the price.

I tried to use their contact form recently about a different course-it won't submit. I tried to ring them 5 times over the last week and the phone rings out. They certainly have some content that I would be interested in but my difficulties in just making contact are turning me off.

I would say there is latent demand for distance maths/economics etc courses that DCU's Oscail should pick up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sica

For what its worth I'm currently pursuing a Masters from the University of London (SOAS). Overall I've found their admin to be quite good, the materials arrive on time and the tutors have generally been responsive. I've taken three course so far. One criticism is that the online discussion forum only really came alive for one of the courses - for the other two it was just a bunch of hello messages with no depth. I'd still recommend it as an institution.

Advertisement