Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on sleep over access

Options
  • 15-08-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello,

I writing here because i am looking for advice on sleep over access.. I have a 3 year old daughter with my ex partner. We split up almost 2 years ago. The relationship was extremely violent and post separation a lot of intimidation and bullying continued. However i eventually found the strength to go for a protection order in which I obtained. My ex partner also has guardianship of our daughter.

My issue is we are back in court next month for a review on the court order and a summons for a safety order. My solicitor told me that there is a chance that sleepovers will be granted.

However a part of me thinks my daughter should go on sleepovers and the other part is so worried that if i allow sleepovers, my childs father might manipulate and bully her ( he did it to me and how do i know that he wont do it to her???)

Is there anyone in a similar situation..i would really appreciate advice. I just want whats best for my daughter.

Many Thanks

Advertisement